[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Pig Ballast Question (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 01:13:10 -0600
From: "D.C. Cox" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Pig Ballast Question (fwd)

to: Greg H.

It depends a lot on your actual operating load current and the total series
resistance.  I have tried a lot of different variables and 0.3 to 0.5 Ohms
resistance is a good value to use with a pole pig.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net

> From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Pig Ballast Question (fwd)
> Date: Saturday, July 11, 1998 10:20 PM

only get about half the rated power out of the pole pig.  In other words,
if I use a 5KW space heater as a ballast, the pig will only yield about
2.5KVA output.  Any truth to this?  Sounds screwy to me.