[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Source of NSTs and bombarders (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 08:37:29 -0400
From: Tony Lekas <tony-at-lekas-dot-org>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Source of NSTs and bombarders (fwd)

For information on the construction of neon signs see the following:

http://www.signweb-dot-com/buy-guides/sep97/luminoustubes.html

After the tubing is bent and the electrodes are in place, a high voltage and
high current is run through the tube while a vacuum pump is pumping the tube
down.  This heats the tube and drives out impurities.  A bombarment
transformer would be great for a tesla coil but I have not found any used
and the new ones are more expensive than a rebuilt distribution
transformer.  I had not heard of a bombardment transformer being built out
of old NSTs, but you could do it by connecting a number of them in parallel.

        Tony