[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: How to rise the secondary? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 01:13:12 -0500
From: "Robert W. Stephens" <rwstephens-at-headwaters-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: How to rise the secondary? (fwd)

> Date:          Wed, 15 Jul 1998 08:41:28 -0600 (MDT)
> To:            tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject:       Re: How to rise the secondary? (fwd)
> From:          Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Terry, All,

This physical model could probably be made more accurate by breaking
up the wire I suggest projecting from the topload by introducing
carbon resistors at intervals along its length.  An actual streamer
has a complex time varying impedance characteristic which certainly
does not hover around a fraction of an ohm.  When I was inspired to
try this experiment I just grabbed a stiff piece of 3/8th's inch aluminum
hardline coax that was handy and draped it between the topload and a piece of
PVC pipe at the far end.  I was really suprised to see my system Fo drop
from mid 90's kHz about a full 10 kHz!

Robert W. Stephens
Director
Lindsay Scientific Co.
RR1 Shelburne, ON Canada L0N-1S5
Tel or AutoFax: 1-519-925-1771
*Custom built Tesla coils, etc., for museum display
 and special effects work.
*Canada's largest publicly accessible wall-to-wall
 indoor lightning show...by appointment.
*Future home of Electric Science World,
 educational/entertaining Theatre of Electricity.
*Antique TV Museum...in search and acquire mode now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Inquiries welcomed! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~