[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Primary Materials (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 20:18:06 -0600
From: terryf-at-verinet-dot-com
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Primary Materials (fwd)

At 09:25 PM 7/19/98 -0600, you wrote:

> [...]

Hi Adam,
	My primary used 100 feet of 1/4 inch tubing with 1/8 inch spacing and it
turned out real well so I guess I know what I am doing.  I cut 1/4 inch
slots into hardwood radial arms with 1/8 spacing.  I shifted the spacing of
the arms around the circle so that the tubing would lay in the slots in a
spiral.  Then I took new out of the box (not messed up) roll of tubing and
laid it on the form.  I then started on the inside and slowly worked my way
around and around tying the tubing at every arm.  I was careful to let the
tubing naturally lay as it wanted with only minor tweaking.  I spliced
another roll with a brass tube from the hobby shop and continued until it
was done.
	Perhaps you tried to thread the tubing through holes in the form.  I made
one like that once but it was very hard.  You definitely wand to just lay
the coil into slots and then fix them in place with string, tyewraps, etc.
Hope this is of use.  The coax should give poorer performance but probably
not a concern for now.

	Terry Fritz