[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Safety Questions (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 08:09:13 -0600
From: "D.C. Cox" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Safety Questions (fwd)

to: Jim

Sounds like a lot of complex work to accomplish a simple task.  Use a
standard PVC tube.  Place a hook or ball at one end.  Use a ring-tonque
terminal to attach a #12 ground wire to the hook or ball.  Tape wire along
tube and bring out lower end to hook with another ring tonque (can't come
loose) for a solid connection to a reference ground.  Don't use alligator
clips on any safety grounding terminal such as this unit.  If you require a
slower discharge time for high energy caps use a series resistor of 100-250
Ohms at 1,000 watt rating.  Simple, easy, used in labs throughout the
country -- no need for metal terminals near your heart which might actually
attract corona and make the whole affair even more dangerous.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net