[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Pushing Neons (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 21:05:45 -0600
From: terryf-at-verinet-dot-com
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Pushing Neons (fwd)

Hi Tristan,
	Thanks for the info.  Your setup is resonating the neon's output with the
primary caps allowing the voltage and current to run at higher levels than
the neon would normally supply.  Since neons are made for all weather use
they are actually very tough.  I am trying to get the same high energy out
of them with much less stress.  The fact that you and many others can run at
these stress levels is great.  Do be sure to use safety gaps.  I don't think
there is too much danger from overheating but the high voltage is a real
concern.  The voltage can instantly kill the neon while the current takes
some real abuse to do damage.

        Terry Fritz