[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE>Re: RE>Re: Testing capac (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 30 Jul 1998 10:39:59 -0700
From: Dale Hall <Dale.Hall-at-trw-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: RE>Re: RE>Re: Testing capac

RE>Re: RE>Re: Testing capacitors ( (fwd)
Dr. Res,
The BYCAP terminal cfg is as you described except the studs are 8/32.
Are the BYCAPs inferior or about the same as Plastic Caps' for Tesla svc ?
Dale
------------------------------
Date: 7/29/98 8:12 PM
To: Hall, Dale
From: List, Tesla

Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 23:57:27 -0600
From: "D.C. Cox" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
Subject: Re: RE>Re: Testing capacitors ( (fwd)

to: Dale

For the record, most of GE's X-Ray caps are manufactured by Plastic
Capacitors, Inc., in Chicago, IL.   We carry them in stock and derate them
for Tesla coil service to 50 kV.  Value is .01 MFD with 1/4 inch stud
terminals -- lower one exits side of case and upper terminal exits directly
on top of brown phenolic case.  They work great with NST coils and also
synchro RSG's.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net

---------