[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

1/4 Wave Theories - What now?

----------
From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Monday, June 01, 1998 12:30 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: 1/4 Wave Theories - What now?

to: Terry

I think most of the capacitance is turn to turn but it would be very easy
to test your theory.  Measure the cap of a secondary inductor and then
elevate it approx 25-30 feet above ground (in a sense isolate it from any
nearby ground plane) and then measure the capacitance again.  If the cap is
turn to ground the value should diminish considerably --- if the cap is
turn to turn as I suspect the value should not change very much.  You could
elevate it on some plastic spools, a wooden pole, or even a bunch of
cardboard boxes stack up high.  A simple test that will validate your
theory or invalidate it.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net

----------
> From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> To: 'Tesla List' <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> Subject: 1/4 Wave Theories - What now?

Tesla
> >> coil operation is incorrect.  Also, the top terminal appears to be
acting as
> >> a simple capacitor in parallel with the coil's self capacitance.  A
model
> >> for this behavior is presented.
> >
> >If the top capacitance is significantly greater than the
"self-capacitance",