[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

833A tube coil

----------
From:  Ray E. von Postel [SMTP:vonpostel-at-prodigy-dot-net]
Sent:  Saturday, May 30, 1998 5:20 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: 833A tube coil

Tesla List wrote:

> ----------

Pete:
The 833 anodes, when running  under C.C.S  (Continuous Commercial Service)
conditions should not get more than a dull cherry red.  If you want long
life from them I wouldn't run them redder than that.  The tube manual does
not give typical operating conditions for the 833 with an anode voltage of
2000 volts so it would be necessary to use the characteristic curves and
work out just what the grid current and cathode current should be at that
working voltage.  Incidentally, the 833-A is  (or was) not considered a
particularly rugged tube.  Unlike the  450-TL which was often used for the
same purposes, the 833-A was not known as being overloaded and then coming
back for more.

Ray