[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

PVC Water Absorption: fallacy?

----------
From:  Pete [SMTP:casius-at-cyberserv.co.za]
Sent:  Saturday, May 30, 1998 1:50 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: PVC Water Absorption: fallacy?

Hi all,

If one examines the morphology of PVC during the manufacturing stage one finds
that the PVC granules have a certain porocity. The granules are not perfect
little ball but are quite rough and have many convolutions. (Nice little
"crevices" for moisture to hide in)
When the virgin PVC is mixed with heat stabilisers, UV retardents, colorants,
calcium carbonate fillers ect, and extruded into pipe, the PVC still retains
some degree of porocity. Hope this is useful info

Regards
Pete