[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

DC motors

----------
From:  Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com [SMTP:Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent:  Wednesday, June 03, 1998 10:04 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: DC motors

<< Max:

 One motor that was mentioned some time ago is available through C and H
 Sales Company, 1-800-325-9465.  I bought this motor, which is a Carter 1
 H.P., 0-10,000 RPM unit for $50.00.  There stock number is DCM9401.   It is
 actually a universal motor so you can run it on either AC or DC.  I use it
 in my rotary gap with great success on DC.  It's full load current draw is
 10 amps.

 Chuck

Chuck,

Sounds like the same motor that I have in my rotary.  I use a variac to
control the motor speed, with the field and armature windings in series.

Ed Sonderman