[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

1/4 Wave Theories - Trash Them!

----------
From:  terryf-at-verinet-dot-com [SMTP:terryf-at-verinet-dot-com]
Sent:  Wednesday, June 03, 1998 1:56 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: 1/4 Wave Theories - Trash Them!

At 11:13 PM 6/2/98 -0500, you wrote:

>----------

Hi Malcolm,

        Here is something interesting to consider.  In a coil without a top
terminal most of the capacitive charge is stored from the windings to
ground.  In order for an arc to discharge, the current must pass through the
inductance of the top windings to discharge the capacitance.  This may add a
very significant reactance to the discharge path.  If a top terminal is
present, the discharge can occur with extremely small series inductance.

An interesting idea that may have many implications.......

        Terry Fritz