[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Primary Help

----------
From:  Michael Tucknott [SMTP:Michael.Tucknott-at-virgin-dot-net]
Sent:  Monday, May 04, 1998 12:34 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Primary Help

Tesla List wrote:

> ----------

Hi Michael.

You sound like you are having the same problem I was having sometime
ago.
With the advice I recived from the list I chose a primary made from
1/4"(8mm) copper tube this is wound into a saucer shape at an angle of
30 deg.
The pipe is spaced 1/4" apart and there are 12 turns.
The first turn is 1" away from the secondary and is the same height at
the first
turn of the secondary.
Our coil tunes at 4 or 5 turns on the primary depending on the top load.
If you check out Gary Weavers web site at
http://home.earthlink-dot-net/~gweaver
you will find a file called best-pri.zip well worth a read.

Hope this helps

Cheers Mike Tucknott  in the UK