[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Primary Help

----------
From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Wednesday, June 03, 1998 4:35 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Primary Help

to: Mike

Use some scrap 12 AWG house wiring and approx 24 turns.  Tap as necessary
to find the best tuning point and then replace the wire with a neat setup
of 6 AWG or 1/4 inch copper tubing.  First you need to find the correct
tuning point and sometimes it may require 12-14 turns or more.  Experiment
with many turns laid out on some edge slotted scrap cardboard until you get
the correct number of turns.  Use a flat spiral for this coil -- should
produce 12-14 inch long sparks as a minimum.  In short, you need more turns
to hit resonance.  Also, for tuning, use a sharp point off the toroid so
you can start breakdown earlier and see each change as you make turn
adjustments.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net