[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

effects of spacing secondary windings

----------
From:  terryf-at-verinet-dot-com [SMTP:terryf-at-verinet-dot-com]
Sent:  Sunday, June 07, 1998 3:14 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: effects of spacing secondary windings

Hi Clay,

        Many of my coils are space wound to some degree since they are
computer wound.  I have not noticed any difference at all between space
wound and close wound coils.  Medhurst, Wheeler, and other calcualtions all
work just fine.  If I vary the winding pitch over the length, then it all
changes drastically but that is the only exeption I have ever noted.

        Terry Fritz