[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

cap problems

----------
From:  bob golding [SMTP:yubba-at-clara-dot-net]
Sent:  Thursday, June 11, 1998 3:40 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  cap  problems

>Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 01:34:48 -0700
>From: bob golding <yubba-at-clara-dot-net>
>Subject: cap  problems
>
>hi all
>	something very strange is happening to my cap. I removed it from the box
it was sitting in as the oil was creeping up the side of the box and
leaking over the edge. When I took the cap out I noticed that there was a
large bulge on one side and the acrylic sheets holding it together had all
cracked and broken away. It looked as if the whole cap had expanded. It was
still working ok last night so I don't think it is damaged. I have left it
sitting in another container for now and intend to dismantle it next week
some time. Does anyone know why this is happening? The cap is made up of 6
layers of polypropylene sheets between standard cooking foil. it doent look
as if the oil has attacked the plastic. It has attacked the tape I used to
pull it all together. I am using shell diala bg tranformer oil. many thanks