[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Inhaling Epoxy!

----------
From:  Tesla List [SMTP:tesla-at-stic-dot-net]
Sent:  Monday, June 08, 1998 8:36 PM
To:  'Tesla List'
Subject:  Inhaling Epoxy!

----------
From:  c604313-at-showme.missouri.edu [SMTP:c604313-at-showme.missouri.edu]
Sent:  Monday, June 08, 1998 1:06 PM
To:  Tesla listserver

Hello to all,
	I'm planning on constructing my own secondary coil form. This is
how:
	First cut out two disks from a piece of ply wood. Separate them
with braces such that the disks appear to be two end caps of a cylinder.
Take a thin cotton sheet and stretch it between the two end caps such that
the sheet appears to be the sides of the cylinder. Next, coat the sheet
with epoxy and let cure. wrap on the wire and coat with another layer of
epoxy. Cut coil from wooden disks and finish of with cotton sheet / and
epoxy for the end caps.

	PROS:

	1) Secondary can be made to any dimensions one chooses.
	2) Epoxy has strong dielectric strength.
	3) Coil walls can be made thin.
	4) Epoxy has very low dissipation factor to RF currents.
	5) Epoxy is nearly impervious to water moisture.
	6) Epoxy cures hard yet will not crack.
	7) Left over epoxy can be used to insulate / adhere other parts of
	   the T.C.

	CONS:

	1) Expensive.
	2) Labor intensive.

	My question to the group is this: Where might I find a low viscous
epoxy with good electrical characteristics?

                                       Thanks in advance,
                                       Bert S.

p.s. Why do we use the Earth as ground?
     Because, it's the biggest thing closest to us.