[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

First Coil - No Sparks

----------
From:  Barton B. Anderson [SMTP:mopar-at-uswest-dot-net]
Sent:  Thursday, June 11, 1998 9:13 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: First Coil - No Sparks

DJ, oops.... calculation correction. All other comments apply.

Frequency recalc'd at 491khz and loaded at 269khz. Tuning is then ~10.7 turns
(~67uH).
Sorry about that, I had a turns/inch way off (from a previous calculation). BTW, the
turns/inch I use has a bit of a wire-to-wire spacing fudge factor of 0.0000031 (an
approximation for a hand wound coil using 22awg). Numbers should be in ballpark.
Bart