[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RSG Question

----------
From:  Julian Green [SMTP:julian-at-kbss.bt.co.uk]
Sent:  Sunday, June 14, 1998 6:57 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: RSG Question

current.    I can run the rotary slow or fast and it still reads
12-15 amps.   What does affect the current is the size of the electrodes.
This must be due the the change in duty cycle/dwell time.  With fat
electrodes the current is higher than with thin electrodes.

When you saw the rotary it was fitted with 1/8" tungsten stationary
electrodes and spark output was lower than when I had 1/4" steel bolts
fitted.   I have reached 48" spark output with the steel bolts only -
problem is they keep melting.  Dont forget that my rotary has multiple
make/break cycles per mains cycle.  Ive scoped 6 per mains cycle giving
a break rate of 300 and motor speed of 9000RPM.

Julian Green