[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

coil confusion

----------
From:  Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com [SMTP:Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent:  Monday, June 15, 1998 5:46 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: coil confusion

<<
 Thank all.
 Yesterday I was after info now I`m just confused.
 So is a bi-pole one secondary and one primary or is it two secondarys
 back to back with two primarys in series and a discharge load at each
 end.
 What is the differance between a Bi-pole and an Odin coil.

 On another matter well done to Ed Sonderman on the success of his
 coil,can`t
 wait to see some pics of this bady.

 Cheers Mike Tucknott (UK coiler)

Mike,

Thanks.  I do plan to take pictures next time I get it set up.  Gotta wait
until we quit having thunderstorms every evening.

I believe a bi-polar Tesla coil is one secondary (usually mounted horizontal)
with one primary mounted in the center.

Ed Sonderman