[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Warthog coil pictures

----------
From:  Bert Pool [SMTP:bertpool-at-ticnet-dot-com]
Sent:  Monday, June 15, 1998 6:02 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Warthog coil pictures

> ----------

The Hog is being setup and run in our newest TCBFW member's Tesla Barn.
I'd like to say a special thank you to Phil Rembold for letting us setup in his big
space.

> I did notice one item that is a technique that we both must
> employ, possibly.  The 2-3" diameter lengths of PVC tube laying on the
> floor---do these carry the 120 VAC lines and even the HV from the pig to
> help reduce strikes?  I've done this with pretty good success too.

The power to the rotary motor is laying inside a metal pipe which is grounded -
protects the motor and diodes from strikes.  the 14.4 kv is inside a pvc pipe -
Bill lays a metal strip across it to act as a strike guard.

>Gee,
> all the ceiling lights are on all the time!  I'm getting closer and closer
> with my 23" secondary.  It's wound and ready to go.  Now I'm working on
> the primary and support structure.  Hope to finish by 7/15/98

A 23 inch diameter coil should really blast out.  Chuck, what gauge wire did you
wind it with?

> Chuck

Bert Pool
TCBFW