[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

rolled PE AL caps....

----------
From:  Kevin Wahila [SMTP:kevinw-at-stny.lrun-dot-com]
Sent:  Friday, June 19, 1998 4:39 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  rolled PE AL caps....

Before i roll my capacitors, i have a couestion or two.  I am going to use
Al sheets which are 95" long by 14" wide which will be seperated by 5
sheets of 6mil Pe (total 30mil).

1. should i put some sort of dowel or pvc in it as i roll to help get it
started...if so, how big of diameter.

2.  will this be able to fit in a 4" diameter pvc?  i really want to stay
away from 6" because the price for endcaps is $12 a piece as compared to $1
a piece for the 4".

3. i plan to connect strips of Al as the two terminals and do this with a
nut and bolt..what size would be good to use?

4.  i want to put some extra PE over the palces where the bolts go through,
can i just use some tape to keep it in place as i roll it and then just
leave it ther for the life (hopefully very long) of my capacitors?

this is a bunch of questions, but i want things to turn out right the first
time...i appreciate everyone's help!

thanks,
kevin wahila