[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

EMI Filter Hookup

----------
From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Sunday, June 21, 1998 1:00 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: EMI Filter Hookup

to: Shaun

Reverse one of the two filters.  Also, be sure to use some varisters before
the variac to clip any HV spikes before they hit the filter.  Another good
idea is to take a piece of 1 1/2 in dia PVC x 6 inches long and fill with
some 1/4-20 bolts or threaded rod pieces x 5 inches long.  Epoxy in place
inside the tube.  Wind exterior with approx 20 turns of #12 AWG (#10 AWG if
running pole xmfr) and use one of these in each leg of the power line.
These will filter out any remaining low freq "hash" before it hits the
power line.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net