[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Best sparks

----------
From:  terryf-at-verinet-dot-com [SMTP:terryf-at-verinet-dot-com]
Sent:  Saturday, June 27, 1998 10:00 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Best sparks

Hi All,
        I have been playing with secondary arcs and such.  The data, both by
measurement and modeling, suggests that secondary arcs benefit greatly by
having very fast discharges.  In other words, the top terminal should be
large, smooth, and have low RF resistance.  The ground path should also
present low resistance.  The arcs need low resistance to RF currents in the
range of 5 to 20 MHz.
        I was wondering if anyone has noticed that smooth top terminals,
perhaps made of other materials besides aluminum, seem to give better arcs,
or that rough terminals give worse arcs.  I realize that this is very
subjective at best but I thought I would ask.

        Terry Fritz

        terryf-at-verinet-dot-com