[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

How to rise the secondary?

----------
From:  Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com [SMTP:Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent:  Monday, June 29, 1998 12:50 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: How to rise the secondary?

<<
   Ed, All -

   What are the advantages of raising the secondary? This will change the
 coupling and tuning but that can be done by proper design of the primary. Or
 have you found other reasons for raising the secondary?

   I would expect that moving the secondary away from the primary would
 reduce the spark output.

   John Couture

John,

The only reason my coils have a provision for adjusting the height of the
secondary are to adjust coupling.  I have them set so they are coupled as
tightly as possible without causing splitting or breakouts on the secondary.

Ed Sonderman