[Next][Index][Thread]

High Voltage Diodes

----------
From:  RODERICK MAXWELL [SMTP:tank-at-magnolia-dot-net]
Sent:  Saturday, February 28, 1998 12:15 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  High Voltage Diodes

I have four 15Kv-at-750ma microwave oven diodes that I plan on using in a
Dc supply for my new tesla coil. When I test them with my ohm meter they
all read infinite resistance even when I reverse the leads. Is this a
property of high voltage rectifier diodes??? These are new diodes that
have not even been used in a circuit yet. All of my experiance has been
with the lower voltage variety. If anyone has used these type of diodes
before, HELP!

                                  Frankensteins Helper
                                          Max