[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Capacitance Questions

----------
From:  Dsurfr [SMTP:Dsurfr-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent:  Saturday, February 28, 1998 4:55 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Fwd: Capacitance Questions

I would like some advice on sizing my toroid. I have a 4 1/2"D. x 22"L.
secondary of 24 gauge wire powered by a 15K 30ma neon xformr with a res freq
calculated at 357.04 hz. WinTesla says my ideal xformr to cap match is
.0053uf. What size toroid should I be making for maximum spark. Also can I
increase my tank capacitance (which I think will increase my energy transfer &
thus spark output ?) without risking damage to my xformr? To get my system in
tune I think I will  have to increase the tap on the number of turns on my
primary once I add the toroid?
Any advice will be much appreciated.      Jim