[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

R Hull maggey question

----------
From:  bmack [SMTP:bmack-at-frontiernet-dot-net]
Sent:  Sunday, March 01, 1998 2:22 PM
To:  tesla list
Subject:  R Hull maggey question

Hello all,

I have been follwing the maggey thread with great interest.

I have a few questions about R. Hull's post of 2/23/98, which may clear up
my confusion (and perhaps others) on the magnifier.

1) I memory serves, CSN along with posts on this list have the equlity
L1C1=L2C2=L3C3.  To me, this implies that the L1, L2 "driver" is a stand
alone TC, only more damped by the coupling (assuming L3 is not connected).

2) Pictures of magnifier drive coils all indeed have a load ring-or is it a
shaped turn?  Your post made no mention of a C2.

3) In some of my own investgations,  Using very low energies, I've found
that
the secondaries like to lump, rather than resonate independently such that
L1C1=(L2+L3)*(C2+C3).  Is this what you experienced?

4) What was the resonant frequency of the better magnifier that used the
20X5 torroid?

Thanks

Jim McVey