[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

High Voltage Test Equipment

----------
From:  terryf-at-verinet-dot-com [SMTP:terryf-at-verinet-dot-com]
Sent:  Wednesday, March 04, 1998 5:22 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: High Voltage Test Equipment

Jim,
        Having just gone through the HV voltage divider design zoo with my
equipment, I have one caution.  At 60Hz the long string of resistors will
work fine.  However, if you wan't to measure voltage waveforms at say 200KHz
the frequency response will be bad.  I am now persuing vacuum molded epoxy
encapsulation to get small size, reasonable power dissipation, and high
frequency response.  Your oil bath should do the same just a little more
"fluid" :-)  Do try to make it very compact.

        Terry