[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Capacitor dimensions?

----------
From:  Pedro Bedard [SMTP:pedro-at-pangea.ca]
Sent:  Thursday, March 05, 1998 9:39 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Capacitor dimensions?

Hi! I am in need of the dimensions for an oil immersed capacitor. It
needs to give me 5.3uF. I have access to a plastics shop that handles all
kinds of stuff and they sell thier off cuts real cheap!
I was planning on using Al foil and paraffin wax to seal the thing.
What I need to know is; 1-best type of material.
                                      2- Size of the plates.
                                      3- Number of plates.
                                      4- If several small caps would be
better than one large one.
Thanks all!
Pedro.
P.S. GREAT list! allways something interesting going on!