[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

High Voltage Test Equipment

----------
From:  Homer Lea [SMTP:HomerLea-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent:  Thursday, March 05, 1998 2:05 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: High Voltage Test Equipment

  Terry:
I just sent off new specs:
-------------
post script: I ended up getting 400 15meg resistors. They are small (1/8)
watt. My plan is to string them in series, put them in a Tygon tube and fill
with oil. I will coil up the tube so it isn't 20 feet long. I assume the
inductive reactance will be zilch compared to the 6 billion ohms of resistors
The resistors will be in series with a  50 or 100 ua meter connected through a
full wave rectifier bridge. Does anyone know how much voltage I can put across
each resistor?? I am hoping for at least 500 v each and dreaming of 1000 v.
A 20 foot tube it not small, even coiled up. Is that going to screw me up? My
original thought was simply to measure the output voltage of coils rather than
wave forms.
jim heagy