[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Magnifier

----------
From:  Malcolm Watts [SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent:  Friday, March 06, 1998 12:02 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Magnifier

Hi Dwight,

The primary will definitely be better off without the braid in it.
Just how much you could tell by checking the amount of heating in it
after a run. Difference to output will be marginal if the primary
reactance is large and significant if Xp is low. Replacing the two
feet of braid in my coil (Xp around 12 Ohms) improved output length
by about 6%

Malcolm