[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

U.K. Mini Teslathon

----------
From:  Edward J. Wingate [SMTP:ewing7-at-frontiernet-dot-net]
Sent:  Friday, March 06, 1998 6:46 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: U.K. Mini Teslathon

Tesla List wrote:

> ----------

Richard, Alan

Amen! An ordeal it is! I started the "Teslathon" here in 1991(
shamelessly stealing your word and idea) with a small group of a dozen
or so coilers and the bash has since grown to host almost 50 people last
year. I also had to grow into the role, which, as you know is no small
feat. It is a major undertaking to host 40 to 50 people at one's home
and lab for an entire day and the recouperation period after the event
lasts at least a week. But, as you said, Richard, seeing the enthusiasm
and spirit of the coilers who come to these bashes makes it all
worthwhile. Knowing that new ideas are being shared and seeing new
friendships being formed are two more reasons!

Good advice to Alan to start small and work from there. Word of mouth
will increase attendance of a yearly event with time while allowing the
host to grow with the event.

I also wish you good luck, Alan, and hope your idea flourishes in the
UK! Please keep us posted.

I have a little advice of my own to add. It REALLY helps to have an
understanding spouse, as Richard and I do. Reliable equipment to
entertain the troups is also a helpful. There are few worse fears than
than the possibility of one's Tesla coil going out in final blaze of
glory while 40+ people are watching!

Ed Wingate