[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

variacs

----------
From:  Rick L. Kirby [SMTP:rkirby-at-earthlink-dot-net]
Sent:  Sunday, March 08, 1998 3:32 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: variacs

Tesla List wrote:

> ----------

Walt

	It is a good idea to use power factor correction caps.
across your mains to lower the amperage drawn and allow the use
of smaller variacs.

	There have been many posts to this list on this subject.

	The paperwork with most variacs have charts listing the
max. overcurrent allowed per various duty cycles.

Rick Kirby