[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Modeling a magnifier

----------
From:  Malcolm Watts [SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent:  Sunday, March 08, 1998 7:25 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Modeling a magnifier

Hi John,

<snip>

>   Note that the true TC uses dampened waves instead of CW and the peak
> voltage is higher. The peak voltage of a dampened wave can be much greater
> than a CW wave with the same energy. This could mean a longer spark. Also
> note the peak voltage does not occur at the same time as the sine wave.  JC

    Tesla might have had some difficulty agreeing with that first
sentence. Peak output is basically limited to what the ROC of the
system will allow no matter how it is driven.
    I think the second sentence is invalid. If a CW oscillator could
put as much energy into the resonator in as many cycles as set k
allows a particular Ec to get here, output voltage should be
identical. Output voltage for a particular resonator is dependent on
how much electrostatic (vs electromagnetic) energy resides in it at
any moment in time
    Would you please explain exactly what the third sentence means?

Malcolm