[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

??SECONDARY??

----------
From:  Atle Jorstad [SMTP:anjorsta-at-online.no]
Sent:  Wednesday, March 11, 1998 8:53 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: ??SECONDARY??

At 10:47 PM 10/3/98 -0600, you wrote:

>----------

two layers--Less resistance--more current.
more current in sparks--more heat
when air gets hotter, it gets more conductive--longer sparks

the sparks may heat up the air around the top terminal...if you are lucky
this heat is enough to allow longer sparks.
i have never tried this, im not sure if it works

a question: why not wind two secondaries instead of a two layer secondary
and phase them against each other--this should double the voltage.
Atle Jorstad