[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Two strang things my testing has found???

----------
From:  terryf-at-verinet-dot-com [SMTP:terryf-at-verinet-dot-com]
Sent:  Friday, March 13, 1998 2:35 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Two strang things my testing has found???

Hi Malcolm,
        I have looked at waveforms from an antenna and the probes side by
side and you are correct.  There are certain sweet spots in the position of
the antenna that give much more accurate readings.  Also the grounding of
the scope and the scope itself can be sources of additional noise that need
to be considered.  One thing I would like to try is to use the probe to
calibrate an antenna.  The antenna has the advantage of somewhat higher
bandwidth (if there is anything significant above Fo to see).  Also, if my
plan to measure secondary voltage doesn't work, using the probe to calibrate
an antenna to the secondary waveform my give a solid way to really measure
the output voltage.
        You obviously do much experimenting, do you have any papers or
published results that you could share with us telling of your experiments
and results?

Happy coiling,
        Terry