[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

High Voltage Test Equipment

----------
From:  John H. Couture [SMTP:couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net]
Sent:  Saturday, March 14, 1998 3:17 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: High Voltage Test Equipment

At 12:03 AM 3/12/98 -0600, you wrote:

>----------

  Jim -

  With Tesla coil OUTPUTS don't think in terms of RMS power. Think in terms
of Instantaneous power. One million volts in one microsecond is only one
microamp at one watt RMS. Two microamps is doubling the load and would have
a mojor effect on the voltage regulation. The efficiency is another matter.

  John Couture