[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Castor oil

----------
From:  Alfred A. Skrocki [SMTP:alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com]
Sent:  Sunday, March 15, 1998 9:00 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Castor oil

I don't remember if it was on this list or the Tesla-2 list that someone
suggested using castor oil in TC capacitors, the problem with castor oil is
it has an extremely high power factor (7 according to the 27th edition of
the ARRL Radio Amateur's Handbook) which means it will heat up and cook due
to the large amounts of R.F. being absorbed.

                                       Sincerely

                                        \\\|///
                                      \\  ~ ~  //
                                       (  -at- -at-  )
                                   Alfred A. Skrocki
                               Alfred.Skrocki.Sr-at-JUNO-dot-com
                           alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                      Visit my Do-It-Yourself Aquarium WEB page at;
                       http://www.geocities-dot-com/CapeCanaveral/6251
                                     .ooo0   0ooo.
                                       \_)   (_/