[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

which disease?

----------
From:  John MacDonald [SMTP:jmac-at-silverlink-dot-net]
Sent:  Thursday, March 19, 1998 1:09 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: which disease?

Too tired to even guess at the rest, leaving it up for those more
experienced/awake.

> Best
> sparklength I get (don't understand!!!) with a very small toroid!

Best guess is that you don't have enough primary

>Primary is 7.5 turns of .5" copper tube

Looks a little small for the size of the coil you gave. If you really do
want to still use this coil ( 151.71 according to WinTesla) you are
going to, IMO, need a bigger primary. I can't tell you how big unless I
knew the cap value.

>From what I have read, I think about 3:1 ratio (give or take) with big
wire (18-22) is the way to go. (assuming the coil is not 30' in dia.)

--
JMac