[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Solid State

----------
From:  Sulaiman Abdullah [SMTP:sulabd-at-hotmail-dot-com]
Sent:  Friday, March 20, 1998 7:39 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: Solid State

Hi, don't bother to find a source for mylar (polyester) as it's very
lossy and your capacitor will heat-up quickly. It's not worth wasting
the effort(and expense) expended in constructing a capacitor that
will surely fail (unless you use it for very short periods..boring)
Bye ... Sulaiman

>    I was wondering if anyone can tell me another use for mylar other
than ballons.  I would like to use it as the dielectric for my capicator
but I do not have a good source for it.

>                                        Thanks in advance,     Michael
Andrus