[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

PRIMARY??

----------
From:  Zuma [SMTP:mwise-at-sosis-dot-com]
Sent:  Saturday, March 21, 1998 9:51 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  PRIMARY??

I was sitting here looking through my e-mail from the list and thought
of a question about the primary. I have heard before to aleast leave an
few extra turns for tuning purposes, but can there be to many turns?
What I mean is that if you have a coil that tunes in at say 5 turns and
your primary consists of 15 turns. Will having these 10 extra turns be
lossy to the coil? It in a way seems like it might because it isn't
concentrating to only those 5 turns. Take for instance this, your
primary is tapped at turn 5, regardless of this tap I am assuming there
is voltage still at the outer turn, so wouldn't this be some sort of a
loss to the amount of energy being transfered? Is this a valid
assumption?

Chris Jones