[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

opened pulse cap

----------
From:  Barton B. Anderson [SMTP:mopar-at-mn.uswest-dot-net]
Sent:  Saturday, March 21, 1998 12:55 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: opened pulse cap

Tesla List wrote:

> ----------

Bert,Here's the specs:
CSI part number 2W365TN, 100uF, 7.1lbs, 4x3x8 metal case with porc. elec. (2 inch
separation), WM Series, impregnated polyester film/paper, inductance typically 100 to
200nH, 30A peak current, op. temp is -35'C to 70'C, and capacitance tolerance is +/- 10%.
These are used in power supplies for lasers, flashlamps, and discharge circuits where
moderate to long life is required.

Besides the voltage difference, I've just realized these are polyester film, not
polypropylene. I didn't realize there was a difference until I looked at CSI's general
statement of the raw materials for which they build their caps (polyester, polypropylene,
polyvinilidine fouride, Kampton, and Kraft paper).

It's been some time since I've pulled one apart, but I remember there were 5 flat-rolls
measuring 20uF ea. paralleled for the total 100uF.

|_Bart_|