[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

X-ray supply

----------
From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Thursday, March 26, 1998 10:40 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: X-ray supply

to: Mike

The voltage is too high and will usually present more problems with
insulation than the average coil builder is capable of dealing with.  What
you really need is current.  Drive current is what recharges your caps
rapidly and makes for a smooth running coil.  Would suggest any xmfr
delivering around 10-15 kV with a current level to match your intended
caps.  A pole pig costs approx $200 and with a suitable reactor will
provide all the current you need at a cost probably less than the shipping
costs for the x-ray xmfr.  Sometimes power companies will release used pole
units for around $10 per kva -- you have to do a lot of telephone
"shopping" with different power company repair facilities to come across
these deals.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net