[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Salt Water Poly Caps (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 07:17:30 +1200
From: Matthew Mills <mattmills-at-mindless-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Salt Water Poly Caps (fwd)

Gary
Sorry to burst your bubble but Soft Drink bottles are NOT made of Polyethylene
but rather are made from PET which is Poly Ethylene Tetrathalate (sp.?) or
better known as Mylar which has good dielectric constant but in Tesla Coil use
it would very quickly melt into slag as it has very poor dissipation factor
especially at the frequency used in Tesla Coils.  BUT milk bottles are made of
Polyethylene........

Matt

GaryWeaver wrote:

> So people use salt water caps in glass bottles which has a power loss of
> about 50%. So I have a new idea.  Polyethylene is much better than glass and
> soft drink bottles are made of polyethylene.

<SNIP>