[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Pole pig tank wires (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 00:31:13 -0400
From: David Sharpe <sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com>
To: Chip Atkinson <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Pole pig tank wires

Chip

I would use high voltage test prod wire run in sch 40 PVC pipe
designed for direct burial.  I would also sleeve two different size
sch 40 PVC pipes (1-1/2 OD", 1/2" ID) as an example; and run hv wire
through inner conduit.

One of the first applications I used when I joined the electrical
trade was direct burial PVC pipe in concrete floor to carry 12kVAC
for static eliminators on synthetic yarn winding machines... worked
fine without cable failure or excessive loss of static elimination
performance.

A good wire I've personally used is Belden #8898 Test Prod wire
is good for 10-12kVAC and has a puncture rating of 29kV (if
my memory serves me correctly).  Dearborn also make high voltage
cable of equal of higher kV rating...

Regards

DAVE SHARPE, TCBOR