[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RF biological hazards? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 18:19:44 -0500
From: Jeff Corr <corr-at-enid-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: RF biological hazards? (fwd)

There are serious debates here, and we all know of the supposed
"Skin Effect."  It is very observable on small scopes.  A 9kv, 30ma
powering my 2"x10" coil, with 10" sparks can not be felt at all, but
my 6"x26", well, I won't touch it again.  Where is the dividing line?
They are both high voltage, low current, high frequency coils...
Why is the small one unnoticable, while the large one causes unimaginable
pain?  I suppose go by the saying : "If it hurts, don't touch it?"

Anyone think with coils and all, we are sterilizing ourselves?

Jeff Corr
2114 Monitor
Enid, OK 73703
http://www.harvestcomm-dot-net/personal/corr/