[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

fiberglass secondary (fwd)

----------
From:  Paul Anderson [SMTP:madhobby-at-geeky1.ebtech-dot-net]
Sent:  Thursday, May 07, 1998 12:19 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: fiberglass secondary (fwd)

On Mon, 4 May 1998, Tesla List wrote:

> Nope. Fiberglass is glass fibers in a polyester or epoxy resin matrix. To a
> point, the less resin and the more glass, the stronger it is. However, all
> the fibers have to be wetted, which is hard to do with a very "dry" layup.

BTW, I thought someone would be interested in links for the amateur
fibreglasser.  Fibreglass is marvelously useful stuff - it can be used to
make telescopes, boats, submarines, tesla coil forms, clipboards,
mailboxes, bikes, car bodies, etc. etc. etc.  A good place to get supplies
is Fibreglast:
http://www.fibreglast-dot-com

And, I just recently discovered a free publication put out by an epoxy
manufacturer called "Epoxy Works".  It is an EXCELLENT publication, and
well worth the free two-year subscription.  Make certain you keep every
copy.
http://www.westsystem-dot-com

TTYL!

---
Paul Anderson
madhobby-at-geeky1.ebtech-dot-net
"BETTER LIVING THROUGH RECKLESS EXPERIMENTATION" - Motto of The Mad Scientist
"Less talk, more synthahol." - Worf

FREE mailing lists setup, for more info e-mail newlist-at-geeky1.ebtech-dot-net