[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Is My Revalation Accurate? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 15:55:25 -0400 (EDT)
From: Paul Anderson <madhobby-at-geeky1.ebtech-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Is My Revalation Accurate? (fwd)

On Tue, 12 May 1998, Tesla List wrote:

> Since I am a newbie to coiling I've been lurking, generally, and reading up.
> As I was getting into my first book on coiling theory the other night, I
> realized that what was being described as a Tesla Coil was actually a spark
> gap transmitter of teens/twenties ham radio fame.

Pretty much, it was originally designed as a transmitter.  AFAIK, a tesla
coil is basically two LC oscillators inductively connected to each other
through the inductors, the secondary having a high inductance and low
capacitance, but the primary having low inductance and high capacitance.
TTYL!

---
Paul Anderson
madhobby-at-geeky1.ebtech-dot-net
"BETTER LIVING THROUGH RECKLESS EXPERIMENTATION" - Motto of The Mad Scientist
"Less talk, more synthahol." - Worf

FREE mailing lists setup, for more info e-mail newlist-at-geeky1.ebtech-dot-net