[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Continued Problems (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 06:12:57 -0500
From: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Continued Problems (fwd)

Tesla List wrote:

> ----------

Bill and All,

Close... but no cigar. The transformation is actually a function of the
turns ratio squared. So, in your examples, a 1 H choke on the primary
side of a 1:100 transformer would "look" like a 10,000 H choke
referenced to the secondary side. Similarly, the two 100 mH chokes on
the secondary side will look like an additional 20 microhenries on the
primary side.

-- Bert --